Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) Five Years Degree Program Approved by HEC
Physical therapy is an essential segment of modern health care system. It is a “science of healing and art of caring”. It pertains to the clinical examination, evaluation, assessment, diagnosis and treatment of musculoskeletal, Neurological, Cardio-Vascular and Respiratory systems’ functional disorders including symptoms of pain, edema, physiological, structural and psychosomatic ailments.
Physical therapy deals with methods of treatment based on movement, manual therapy, physical agents, and therapeutics modalities to relieve the pain and other complications.
Hence, Physical therapy covers basic parameters of healing sciences i.e. preventive, promotive, diagnostic, rehabilitative, and curative.
Doctor of Physical Therapy
Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) is a Five Years Degree Program Approved by HEC
GOALS OF THE PROGRAMME
Physical therapists are health care professionals who diagnose and treat individuals of all ages with medical problems or other health-related conditions that limit their abilities to move and perform functional activities in their daily lives.
Areas of Practice
- Acute Care
- Extended Care Facility
- Home Health
- Outpatient Clinic
- Rehabilitation Hospital
- Research Center
- Wellness, Prevention, Sports, and Fitness Centers
EXAMPLES OF CONDITIONS TREATED BY PHYSICAL THERAPISTS
- Back Pain
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Developmental Delays
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
- Hand Injuries
- Pelvic Pain
- Sports Injuries
- Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
- Physiotherapist in an Academia and Universities
- Physiotherapist to many sports team of government Institutes
- Seats Major Hospitals and Rehabilitation Centers
- Extended Physiotherapy services to all districts (at least 4) and tehsil (at least two) head quarter hospitals
- Physiotherapy services extended to Rural Area
- Physiotherapist Clinic in Community
- Private Hospitals and Rehabilitation Centers
- Physiotherapy Gyms
- Consultants for Private Sports Teams
i. F.Sc. (Pre-Medical) with minimum 60% marks
ii. A-Levels (Biology, Physics & Chemistry)
iii. Equivalent with minimum 60% marks, equivalence from IBCC
will be required
Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT)
05-Year Fee Structure
|Detail of fee||First Semester||REMARKS|
|Prospectus fee||2,000||one time on admission|
|Document Verification fee||2,000||one time for verification of documents|
|IUB Registration fee||7,500||As per The Islamia University of Bahawalpur (IUB) notification|
|IUB Examination fee||4,000||It will be changed as per University Instruction|
|Lab Charges||3,500||Per semester|
|Extra-Curricular activities fee||5,000||Per semester|
|Tuition fee||50,000||Per semester|
|Total fee for First Semester||74,000|
Installment Plan ( Installments will be offered only on Tuition Fee )
|1st Installment plan||60% + 20% + 20%||02 month|
|2nd Installment plan||50% + 25% + 25%||02 month|
Fee Policy :
- Fee can be submitted in any branch of Bank Al Habib or in Accounts Office of Yashfeen Education System Shahdara Ravi Road Lahore.
- Rs.100/- per day will be charged after due date as per College Policy.
- Student will be allowed to sit in annual exam only after clearance of dues.
i. Merit & need-based scholarship is offered at the time of Admission
ii. It is offered on the basis of good Academic Performance, Kinship, Teacher’s child, Hafiz-e-Quran, Orphen and Disabled students.